Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fashion Week with Thomas Lavone

How do I know that my p.r. team has done a great job of 'branding' me? Honey, let me tell you.

Allow me to set the stage: New York City Fashion Week. People lined up down the block waiting to get in and snag a seat. Or a place to stand at the very least.

Right now I am feelin' pretty darn good about having VIP seats. I am one of the lucky few that gets to sit front and center. I am so happy I can't stand it. What on earth did I do to deserve this fabulous life?  


I encounter these beautiful ladies at the front door. Keep in mind it's my first Fashion Week so I'm more than a bit intimidated  which turns to absolute fear as they inform me that not only am  I not on the VIP list, I'm not on the list at all! 

((Gasp!)) 

Originally I was taking my friend Gayle, who is comedian Chris Rock's mother in law, but at the last minute had to cancel. 
Of course! The tickets must be under her name.

 Nope!

Suddenly I remember an email I'd gotten from Thomas, the designer, a few days before.
That works. They let me in.
Yes!
Whew! I am in like Flynn.
Front and center.

There's more to this story....but first let's take a look at some of Thomas Lavone's fabulous designs.


I wasn't allowed to take my Canon in since I wasn't part of the press but I did manage a few shots with my iphone.




Orange is all the rage this season as well as animal print.



Below is the outfit I'm buying:



I am on the planning committee for an upcoming gala in DC in February and this has my name all over it. Animal print, of course.

Below is Thomas (isn't he adorable?) with his assistant, Miss Sophia on the left and Jerseylicious' Olivia on the right.



Now, back to the 'branding' story. 
After I RSVP'd  to the invitation Thomas called me and invited for me to stick around for the after-party.

 After his numerous press interviews he made his way over to me to thank me for coming.



Hillbilly Debutante with award-winning designer Thomas Lavone

'Do you live in New York?' he asked after exchanging air-kisses and a hug.

'No,' I replied. 'I'm Kathie Truitt, from Washington D.C.'

His eyes lit up!

"Oh! You're Hillbilly Debutante!"

As soon as he said that a light bulb came on for me.

"Did you buy any chance put me on the guest list as 'Hillbilly Debutante' rather than Kathie Truitt?'

'I sure did'.

And sure enough - Miss Sophia took another look at the list and there I am right under the h's. Hillbilly Debutante. 
The rest of the night I was simply 'Hillbilly'. 
Hey, I don't care what you call me - just call me for next spring's Fashion Week, please.



My new BFF - sought-after celebrity makeup artist/genius Rodney Jon

Thank you Thomas Lavone for showing this 'Hillbilly' girl such a great time! 

1 comment:

windows key shop said...

Android customers who come about to generally be interested by another facet can set up this app and it'll report what part of their device's Android apps can be found as Windows Mobile phone equivalents. The app then prompts the person to check in having a Windows account to save the listing to the cloud.