Monday, September 17, 2012

Fashion week, flea markets and Times Square Naked Cowboy

Now - that headline was just to get your attention. Oh settle down! I will post pictures for you very soon, I promise! I had more fun than the law should allow, but more about that later.

As you all know, I just turned 50 the end of July. We have a saying in the south that a 'lady never tells her age.'  Now y'all know I go along with almost all of those rules - 'never wear white after labor day', 'don't chew gum in public', et al. But I will never go along with guarding my age like it's some big national homeland security secret. I believe this 'shame' is why there is such a fear of so many young women I know of getting older.

We should embrace this stage in our life! Show these young gals what they have to look forward to. It's an age of freedom - our children are grown. We don't have to try to find a babysitter on Saturday night and can go to Sunday morning services without throw-up down the front of our silk blouses! 
We can hug, squeeze, spoil and love our grandchildren to death and send them home with their parents while we get to have a good night's sleep and wake up fresh and rearing to go!

So here is the direction I am pledging to take this blog -we'll still talk about old trucks, cowboy boots, and road trips from time to time - but I'm also going to introduce to you some phenomenal women living life to the hilt, dressed to the nines (some on Best-Dressed lists), and active forces-to-be-reckoned with in their communities. Women who don't have time to fret or whine about growing older because they're too busy with their careers, travelling to exotic places or involved in charitable causes.

I have time to leave you with one picture from this weekends fashion show: 



Me and the designer himself: Thomas Lavone

Pictures from his collection tomorrow!

1 comment:

windows 7 professional key said...

The entire listing of applications can be windows 7 home basic activation key retrieved by logging in with all the exact account on a office mac 2011 product key Home windows Cellular phone, but cannot be seen inside the Android app. Even though Microsoft has beefed up its application catalog, it still doesn't have essential Android and apple iphone apps like Instagram and Google Maps.