Thursday, September 20, 2012

False Victim the movie? Here we go again....

If you're one of my long-time 'regulars' then I'm sure you remember back in 2010 when Lifetime bought the life and movie rights to my first novel.



A year and a half later the A&E channel acquired Lifetime. Lifetime acquired a new CEO and voila - the new CEO decided to drop the 2011 projects that had not already gone to production.
 I was one of those casualties. 
Ouch.
But hey, that's show business, right?

(For you newbies: "False Victim" is a riveting, highly emotional account of my families terror at the hands of a neighborhood stalker - a woman that literally lived around the corner and was so obsessed with removing our young son from our home that she made it a full-time job. When that was unsuccessful she upped the ante and became hell-bent on having me arrested and sent away for crimes that were a figment of her sick, psychotic imagination.)

Well, this afternoon I received word that another group of producers (not Lifetime) is interested.

I am not holding my breath. 

Who am I kidding? Of course I am holding my breath.

And while I'm at it...I think I'll throw in an a copy of 'The Hillbilly Debutante Cafe'. 

Just in case they're in the mood for comedy rather than drama.




What a crazy, wonderful life I lead. 

Til next time,

Kathie



5 comments:

Katie Clooney said...

LOVED False Victim... would make a great movie.

Becky said...

I will hold my breath with you...cause this will make a great movie!

B. WHITTINGTON said...

What a horror you have been through. Not sure I could have written about it. I admire you. I'll go check the book out now.
My book VADA FAITH is on Amazon as Kindle and paperback. Purely fiction and a fun read.
Bless you for hanging in. Good luck with the movie deal!!!

John said...

Most excellent! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you.

windows 7 professional key said...

The app description windows 7 enterprise activation key reads, Are you wondering about switching to Windows Telephone and wish a effortless approach to migrate your app encounters above windows 7 ultimate activation key? Appear no further, Windows Telephone has an application for that!