Monday, December 31, 2012

Huge, Rockin' New Years Eve CELEBRITY party!!

No, not really. Just a quiet night here at the 'ranch' with Sophia and three of her little friends from church. My daughter and son-in-law own restaurants in D.C., so while Rachael takes one restaurant and Dino takes the other, Sophia comes to Grandma's.

This year I went a step further and asked three little girls (one which is in Sophia's bible class) whose parents just moved to Fort Belvoir from Minot, SD. I thought it would be nice to give them the opportunity to have a night out by themselves.

So. The 'end of year' photos I had planned to post isn't gonna happen, mainly because I am taking a little rest before everyone gets here! I can tell you that every year Sophia waits to midnight so we can call her daddy at one restaurant and say 'Happy New Year' and then call her mommy  at the other and say 'Happy New Year' - then and only then will she succumb to sleep. But with 3 more added to the mixture? Hmmm...I'm not counting on getting to bed any too early.

Can I count this as my number one of our '365 Days of Random Acts of Kindness'? Just kidding. But don't forget! That starts tomorrow.

My only goals for 2013? Nothing big. I'm going to (try) to let my hair go back to it's natural color - gray. And I am also going to give in to'bloggy peer pressure' and start posting an 'outfit of the day'. I love to see those on your blogs but I've always been uncomfortable with me doing it, however enough of you have requested it that I'm going to give it a try.

Happy New Year - my love to every single one of you!

Til Next Year,

Kathie

2 comments:

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/From Harvest To Table said...

That sounds like fun! Both the girls night and the posting of outfits :-).

Have a wonderful 2013~
Hugs,
Penny

Becky said...

How sweet to have her friends over too! I'm sure you will make it a special night for them all.