Monday, December 3, 2012

Tell me!

'Tis the season for gift-giving and that got me to thinkin'; what's the strangest gift you've ever received?

One year my dear, sweet, Christian, church-goin' mama was gifted with a painting (and not very good one at that) of two naked women riding a horse. Uh....they were each on their own horse so that takes a few points off the 'weird' factor, doesn't it? Kinda? Anyway Mother so graciously thanked the um...artist?... and kept it conveniently in the garage so it could be quickly hung on the wall when the um....artist? came for a visit. Sadly, the artist passed on a few years ago.  And apparently the painting did too as I've never seen it again.

My father-in-law got a Llama for Christmas one year- or was that for his birthday? Heck, I don't remember! All I know is that a Llama miraculously ended up on his door step one day and they became the best of fiends. Until the darn thing tried to kill him. That story is for another time, dear reader.

I, however, think I can win the prize for wierdest gift. Horse sperm.

Yes. You read that correctly. I know...I know. You're thinking "ewww gross!" or "how inappropriate" but I can assure you I was absolutely thrilled!

I had just bought a farm and had planned to move my horses from Virginia to Missouri and when the time was right I would have the vet come out and put the gift to good use. I had planned on having a foal to love and raise the next year. 

But alas, as with life plans change and I stayed in Virginia. I sadly no longer have the horses and the 'vile' was sold to someone else - probably to another lady who'd rather have that than diamonds or furs.

Now, you tell me! What is the weirdest give you've ever received?

2 comments:

Farrah said...

Nothing like what you've received Miss Kathie! I was given a nude woman necklace tree, but that's it. Yours is hilarious!

Kathie Truitt said...

A nude woman necklace tree is right up there with the nude ladies on horses painting.