Tuesday, January 1, 2013

After party and Day 1 of 365 Days of Random Acts of Kindness


With four kids (two 3-year-old's, one 6-year-old and a 10 year-old) I am 'Justin Bieber-ed' and 'Taylor Swift-ed' out. 

Today I deal with the aftermath - i.e. clean up. As you can tell from the photo above a good time was had by all.

Today is DAY 1 of our
'365 Days of Random Acts of Kindness'

If you'd like to join us, please join me on my facebook page "Hillbilly Debutante: Kathie Truitt". 

Please leave comments here on some ideas or things you've done or witnessed. It's not bragging! You are giving each of us ideas and encouragement. So, please - bring it on!

I'll start. Last time I went through the drive-through to get my Diet Coke, I paid for the order behind me. I LOVED the smile on the couples face! And guess what? THEY paid for the car behind them!

Now, don't make this harder than it is. It could be as simple as smiling at a stranger. Or offering to babysit so a Mom and Dad can have a date night. 

Here's how this will work on facebook. I'll have one post each day where folks can leave comments. Here on the blog I'll put it at the bottom after each article.

I do hope you'll join in on the fun!

Happy New Year!

Kathie

6 comments:

AshTreeCottage said...

Happy New Year Kathie! I love your banner. Perfection. My random act of kindness is shoveling my elderly neighbors side walks. I do it for her every year.

Big Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Teresa - in the Middle Side of Life said...

Happy New Years!

I always let people in line (who have fewer items than me) go ahead of me. It's a small act and one that they always seem to appreciate.

As a "caretaker" and full-time employee, I'm aware of how much our needs are overlooked so I try to be considerate of others who might be in the same situation. Ask how "they" are - what can I do for "them" instead of always focusing on the person they're caring for. I know that it is a great emotional boost that too many of us don't get very often.

Kathie Truitt said...

Both of these are great!

Kathie Truitt said...

Both of these are great!

trash talk said...

When I get pennies in change, I leave them in the little dish at the checkout. Nothing worse than being short a couple of cents when checking out and having to break a dollar...or worse...digging in a deep pocketbook trying to find two pennies.
Besides, I'll never miss 'em and if I ever fall overboard, I won't be dragged under by the weight of the change in my pocket.
XO
Deb

AlphaBetsy said...

I am so excited about this. I sent you a facebook friend request.