Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Outfit of the Day

....or at least shoes of the day. Truth is I hadn't planned on leaving the house today but had to make a quick run to the bank. I threw on a cute jacket over skinny jeans and slipped my tootsies into a pair of pony-hair slippers.  

 Prada shoes: Neiman Marcus

I still am apprehensive about participating in this so be patient and let me work my way up.

Maybe tomorrow I'll post a picture of my knees.

Now for the Random Act challenge; I didn't do anything specific
because as I said I just did a quick bank run and didn't see many people, so I just tried to greet everyone I met with a smile and a cheerful 'happy new year.'  Uh, in my neck of the woods that's a pretty big deal - people just don't speak to each other here. You can meet someone on a lonely sidewalk on an afternoon walk and say 'hello' and if you're lucky they might look at you. Usually they just walk on by.

However, I had a HUGE kindness shown to me! A facebook friend from North Carolina sent doggy toys and blankets to 'Angels of Assissi', a 'no-kill' shelter in Roanoke, Virginia in memory of my precious Violet.

I was moved to tears!

If you're wanting to participate in our 365 Days of Random Acts of Kindness, please join me on facebook - Hillbilly Debutante/Kathie Truitt, then go to '365 Days of Random Acts of Kindness' linked to my page.

Til Next Time,

Kathie

4 comments:

Bella Michelle said...

I love your shoes (I really think it is truly all about the shoes anyway!) Oh, and I think smiling at everyone is a HUGE act of kindness, especially in this cold world!

Happy New Year!

MouthyBarberMom said...

Love,love,LOVE those shoes!! Take your time & work your way up. We'll wait.

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/From Harvest To Table said...

Those shoes are fab! And yes, winning the red boots were a highlight of my year :-).
Hugs,
Penny

Beth Dunn said...

Love the shoes!I need some random act ides. I always smile and say hello, thank you etc. But I need to pay someones toll or something better
xoxo
Sc