Saturday, January 5, 2013

Outfit of the Day and 'Clementine'.


There's a baby shower for my daughter this weekend so my mother flew in to surprise her.

Here I am getting ready to go pick her up in my still un-yet named mini-cooper.


Jacket: J Crew, shirt: Tommy Hilfiger, red pants: H & M,  necklace: Cache, shades: ? bought them in NYC

Thank you for all of the name ideas but so far none of the many cute, creative suggestions are really 'clicking'.

I am leaning toward the name 'Clementine'. 
I know, I know - she's yellow, not orange. And hopefully - especially since I drive alongside the Potomac River on a daily basis - I'm not tempting fate and she won't meet the same demise of the Clementine in the old song 'Oh My Darlin, Clementine'.

I just noticed that this month is my fifth year of blogging! So next week I will have a giveaway every week throughout January to celebrate.

Til Next Time,

Kathie

6 comments:

megan said...

Kathie, I have a yellow Mazda and am just pleased I can find it easily in the car park!! :)
You could change the variation of the spelling to "Clemontine"!!
Megan

covnitkepr1 said...

I write and maintain a blog which I have entitled “Accordingtothebook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it. I’m your newest follower.

Kathie Truitt said...

Megan, I LOVE that take on the word 'lemon' and you know what? I am going to spell her name that way.

Becky said...

I love Megan's idea to change the spelling

Carrie Edwards said...

I searched for a song titled "Clementine" from the Disney movie "Bedknobs and Broomsticks." It would fit your car's personality PERFECTLY!

xoxox,
Carrie

The Preppy Princess said...

The naming of one's automobile is an art because once the moniker is bestowed then all conduct is somehow ascribed to the name, regardless of how remote the connection is! I love Clementine, it seems a perfect fit. :)