Monday, April 7, 2014

Come with me on this journey

I don't say this near enough but I appreciate you. You all have been with me since I typed my very first word. You have been right here with the publication of my first novel. Whether in body or spirit you were there for all my book signings. You were there during the exhilarating world-wind days of being courted and finally purchased by Lifetime. You gave your support during the filming of the Investigation Discovery report.

You got me through the disappointing days when A&E purchased Lifetime and decided to drop many of their projects - False Victim being one of them.

You've been equally as gracious with the release of The Hillbilly Debutante CafĂ© - a much cheerier story, no doubt.

Now, I'm asking you to fasten your seatbelts for one more ride.

I'm moving.

Yes, you heard me. I'm leaving this city.

I am loading up Clementine with as much stuff as I can pack and I am headed for the Lone Star state.

This country girl who has been stuck in the city for 13 years is going back to the country.

I know. I have to keep pinching myself.

Til next time....

Kathie

9 comments:

Chanda said...

You know what they say....Once you learn to ride a bike......!! You will be just fine. Welcome home. Enjoy every single moment of this journey. Love and peace my friend, hope you will continue to share and write about your adventures.

Farrah said...

I know you've been thinking about it. I wish you all the luck! What about Jay's job?

Kathie Truitt said...

Farrah, He will keep an apartment here for him, my son-in-law and my son. Then he will commute on weekends and sometimes I'll come back up here.

vintage girl at heart said...

YeeHaw! I am just north of you in Oklahoma. Maybe our paths will cross one day.
Happy Trails...

holli said...

How exciting! I've followed your blog for a while as i sit here in Dallas. Where will you be moving to? Good luck on your move.

Kathie Truitt said...

Holli - I am moving to the Dallas area. I would love to meet you.

Lilly Forever! said...

Oh Kathie, I can't believe you are moving to Texas. We are planning our move to NoVa in the next few months. I can't believe the timing! Well, all the best to you and your move too!

Sandra Corcoran said...

Just stumbled onto your blog. Glad to hear that you are happily headed to Texas, but it sure seems like many people here will miss you! I had a silly question about cowboy boots for you if you have a minute. I've NEVER worn a pair so can you give a Yankee some advice on the basics? I've heard that Tony Lamas and Ariat are pretty nice. Have you got any favorites and can you tell me where you shop for them in the DC metro area? I live in Arlington. Thanks in advance!

Kathie Truitt said...

Hi Sandra - the first thing I would like for you to know about cowboy boots is that they MUST feel good the moment you put them on. They are not something that will 'break-in' so make sure you have a good fit. As far as where to find them in the DC metro area? It seems there used to be a store out in Manassas. I will so some research and see what I can find. I buy all of my boots out of Springfield, Missouri from a western store called PFI. You can go to their website and look at their selection. Yes, Ariat and Tony Lamas are very good. So is Dan Post and of course the mother of all brands is Lucchese (pronounced Lou Casey)and their price tag reflects that.