Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Rosebud Cottage, Texas

A few days ago, in the wee early morning hours, I hopped on a plane headed to Dallas with only one thing on my mind - finding the perfect house.
 
As much as I LOVE the big D, I knew as soon as I arrived that I couldn't do another big city.
 
So my very patient realtor and I moseyed on down the road along the outskirts of Dallas, meandering in and out of small communities until we spotted it! The cutest little cottage ever! From the moment I stepped through the threshold it was love at first sight. I knew I had to have it.
 
 
I put in an offer and it was accepted that day.
 
Just look at this little pool in the back garden. Isn't that sweet?
 
And it's so peaceful.
All you can hear are the birds and the soothing sound of the water gently pouring from the fountain.
 
 


My friend took one look and said, 'Oh! You've got to call it 'Rosebud Cottage'. It looks exactly like a 'Rosebud Cottage'.'
 
And you know what?
I think she's right. It does look like a 'Rosebud Cottage', without the roses - which of course will be remedied immediately.
 
My dear readers, can you believe this is finally happening for me?
 
Hillbilly Debutante has been in existence for 6 years. If you've been reading me for any length of time you know leaving the city, the Washington DC area, has been my ultimate goal.
 
I can't believe the time is finally here.
Thank you, God.
 Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I am still pinching myself.
 
I'll share more pictures when I move in and as I decorate. Which speaking of decorating right now I am headed to Barnes and Noble to pick up a copy of this:
 
 
 
 
Til next time,
 
Kathie
 


8 comments:

Chanda said...

Can't wait to see what you do with the place. One word on the roses....buy Knock Outs, disease and trouble free, all you have to do is clip them form getting too big and they bloom from April until frost with heavy blooms.I love the little pool and want one just like it.

Farrah said...

I'm so thrilled for you! The name is perfect.

Deb~in~Denver said...

Darling cottage, it will be gorgeous with roses! Can't wait to see your decorating magic. I see a trip to the book store in my immediate future!

holli said...

I cant wait to meet you in person in and around Big D! your home looks precious.

The Vintage Housewife... said...

Hello dear sweet old friend! I am so happy to see your comment on my blog! I feel like we've been friends forever! We were in the begining of this blog thing...glad to see your dreams come alive...Huggs and blessings!

Texas Girl said...

Hey y'all, this is Cindy from Big D. It makes me happy to know that someone is moving in my house that loves it as much as I did. It's definitely a house that will welcome you and friends, as it has done for me and my family. Wish you the best on your journey in Texas.

Kathie Truitt said...

Hello, Texas Girl!! I am so 'humbled' that you stopped by. Yes, I adore your house. It's everything I've dreamed of. I can't wait to meet you next week and I hope you keep following my blog as I decorate and make it my own.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Wonderful cottage! How exciting to make such a big move. Taking chances in life can be really exciting!

I have this very issue and just was reading some of it tonight. It is one of my favorite magazines.