Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Greenville, TX - I need your help!

 Are you or someone you know from Greenville, Texas? If so, then I need your help solving a mystery:
 
Who is the beautiful lady in this portrait?
 


I found her in an antique shop in Quinlan, Texas during one of my shopping sprees and I fell head over heels in love!
 



My inquisitive nature ran wild but the only thing the store owner could tell me is that she believes the lady is a Greenville native.
 
 
 
Here is the artists 'signature' and the year the painting was commissioned.
 
I'm guessing she was in her late 20's/early 30's which would now put her in the 80-90 year age group.
 
I'm so fascinated by her and am dying to know who she is. Wouldn't it fabulous if she was still alive and I could meet her?
 
Every day I study that lovely face and wonder what is going on behind those eyes.
 
Wouldn't you just love to know?
 
 

 
 
But for now I guess I'll have to be satisfied that she is adding beauty to what I used think was an ugly salmon-colored wall.
 
Please feel free to share this picture. And please, please - if you're from Greenville, Texas ask your friends and relatives if they know who this is.
I appreciate your help!
 
Til next time,
 
Kathie

1 comment:

holli said...

I showed my grandmother who is from Greenville and she was not familiar with the artist or the woman. We were both disappointed that we didn't have answers. I'm glad it found a great home with you though! BTW, we need to connect. I'm excited for the tailgate.