Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The Devil House in Foreclosure

It's been five years since the publication of 'False Victim' and I still get the same question:
 
"What happened to the woman that stalked you"?
 
I really don't know about her, but I do know
her house is in foreclosure.
Below is a picture sent to me from a friend.
 
 
 
 Miller House
 
Looks creepy, huh? Actually, it's a very beautiful home, but I hope whoever buys it will have someone come and 'cleanse' it of evil spirits.
 
What I really hope is that a wonderful, Christian couple buys it and fills it with love.
Love always cancels out evil.
 
Five years later, False Victim is still doing great. The photo below is from my first Texas book signing a few weeks ago.
 
 




At the end of the day I was left with ZERO copies of False Victim and well....ALL of these copies of The Hillbilly Debutante.
 
Sometimes, I struggle with that - the fact that people would rather read suspense, crime and drama than good, old-fashioned fun.
I'm like a mama and The Hillbilly Debutante Café is my favorite child - relax and Rachael and William - it's just an analogy.
I don't have a favorite child.
 
Although, I DO wish people would love HD Café as much as I do, I really can't complain about the success that FV has brought me.
 
I'm pretty sure that while my enemy was trying to destroy me and my family that she never dreamed she was actually pushing me to accomplish something that I NEVER dreamed I could possibly do.
 
No, I give her credit for nothing because I know that God uses everything for good for those that love him, and while it's been a very, very, VERY long road I am finally at peace.
 
Finally.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

holli said...

Is it bad to think it may be better if it just burned down for the evil spirits to leave? I feel bad for her kids and scared that they are taught that lying and being evil is Ok.
Your other book is lighter for sure but most people are drawn to suspense/thrillers. Just look at whats on TV.

Holli @ www.hollishootsandhollers.blogspot.com

Deb~in~Denver said...

I loved both of your books. The HDC was such a fun read, I can't wait for the next book! I couldn't put FV down when I read it, it was so hard to believe someone could do that to another person. I know karma will get her, if it hasn't already. She should have been charged with a crime for what she put you and your family through.