Monday, November 30, 2015

Live...it's the Hillbilly Debutante Cafe!

That's right - coming to you LIVE in January of 2016:
 
 
"The Hillbilly Debutante Café"
 
I have (terrifyingly) decided to make use of the You Tube channel I've had the past 5 years and (try to) produce a show.
 
And y'all.
It's going to be sssoooo amateurish.
I suck at editing.
 
Actually, I suck at anything technological so this is so scary. We're just going to have fun with it - no editing, no script - no inhibitions.
What's the worst that can happen? That it not be perfect?
 
The way I figure it is there's enough perfect. The Paula Deen's, and Sandra Lee's that make you feel inadequate in the kitchen. The Ree Drummond's that make you feel like crap because YOU don't have the energy to cook perfect meals that are nutritious and beautiful, write/edit your own blog, write a cookbook ALL while home-schooling your perfect children.
 
You have enough Holly Holden's, Martha Stewart's and *Carolyne Roehm's  who have perfect beautiful homes THEY designed as well as
designed and implemented their own land-scape in their gardens.
 
 I figure we have ENOUGH perfect shows hosted by perfect people with perfect looks and perfect skills that make all of us feel less than...perfect. 
 
So, if you're tired of perfect, and you wanna hang out with someone who even though she does her best is more than likely gonna screw it up, but laugh about it - or cry (because who hasn't felt like doing that) then I'm your girl.
 
If you're the person that would rather wear funky, Bohemian Cowgirl fashion found in out of the way boutiques and not main stream chain stores, then I'm your girl.
 
And if you're the person that would rather decorate your house with flea market, thrift store and junk store finds, then I'm your girl.
 
Yes,I'm scared.
 I may make a fool of myself,  but I'm still going to try it.
 
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
And I'm nothing if not adventurous.
 
Til next time,
 
Kathie
 
*I actually know and adore Carolyne and she is FABULOUS. All of these ladies are fabulous, but unfortunately we don't all have the wonderful talents they have. But that doesn't mean we can't enjoy the same pursuits.
 


6 comments:

dottie mergner said...

We are with you. ...for better (perfect) or worse. Frankly, I would enjoy a little "worse" since it's going to be YOU with your loving enthusiasm for life and all that entails. Go for with GUSTO, but that goes without saying. You are GUSTO!!

dottie mergner said...

We are with you. ...for better (perfect) or worse. Frankly, I would enjoy a little "worse" since it's going to be YOU with your loving enthusiasm for life and all that entails. Go for with GUSTO, but that goes without saying. You are GUSTO!!

Deb~in~Denver said...

I can't wait! There is too much "perfect", already. I'm ready to see some REAL!! We will laugh or cry right along with you. Yay you for having the gumption to do this!

Kathie Truitt said...

Thank you, ladies! It should be interesting and hopefully FUN to say the least. I meet with my producer on Friday who is also very new to the business. I will be her FIRST show. Woo-hoo! She's also my niece, so she HAS to stay with me, right?

Leiah said...

As my youngest grandgirl would say, "I'm so 'cited'" about this!

Red Strings said...

This is a gorgeous venue houston tx, and I won't soon forget it. Attended an event here sponsored by the company. The reception hour was held in one of the rooms next to the hall. I loved their buttery mashed sweet potato.