Sunday, January 1, 2017

Selling Hillbilly Hacienda

2017 is already bringing changes to our life here at the
 Hillbilly Hacienda-with number 1 being that Hillbilly Hacienda is on the market.
 
Yes, you read that right.
My beloved Hillbilly Hacienda is under contract by another buyer, and the way it looks right now we will be moving into our new house the middle of January.
 
I've had the best time renovating this house - watching my vision come alive day to day and turning her exactly into what I wanted her to be.
 
I have enjoyed sharing pictures with y'all and the interest you've taken in every single one of our projects whether it be the pantry or the pool, helping me pick out wood floors and even naming her!
 
I thought this would be my forever home and led you to believe it would be.
So, I'm sure that leaves you with this question: WHY?
 
It's plain and simple: there is someone new.
 
Since I was a child I have always known what I wanted in the perfect home -
 
-beautiful foyer
-library
-formal dining room
-large catering kitchen
kitchen dining area
-sunroom
-swimming pool
 
Well, lo and behold I unexpectedly found the house that has all of these things while previewing other houses for a client.
 
This is the first time in my entire life I have ever seen a house that met all of my needs and wants.
 
The next thing you know I am putting an offer in and working like a mad-woman to put mine on the market.
 
Now, on this New Years Day 2017 I find myself packing up my possessions, preparing to start yet another new phase in my life.
 
I made the announcement on my Social Media pages a few days ago and have gotten mixed reactions -
 
How could you let that pantry go?
 
while the pantry at the new house isn't as cute, it's much, much bigger and the fact that I have a REAL library more than makes up for the pantry.
 
But you just built that pool!
 
I know! But the new house also has a pool right off the sunroom - literally steps from the back door. And my yard isn't really much more than the pool so not a lot of maintenance.
 
Are you leaving Texas?
 
No way!!! As a matter of fact, I'm just moving about 5 miles down the road. So, I'll still be here in my hometown of Rowlett. And this new neighborhood has trees - real, live trees!!
 
I am so proud of the work I've done here. You know that old saying 'leave things better than you found them'?
 
Well, I think I've definitely done that with Hillbilly Hacienda.
I love the way you've followed along and loved her as much as I have.
 
And if she could talk, I bet she'd say 'thank you' as well.
 
Til Next Time,
 
Kathie
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

Bohemian said...

Congratulations! I too recently Sold what we had imagined was our Forever Home, a Historic Home I truly Loved, but it was Time... so I totally understand how Life can take that turn. We are now settled into New Villa Boheme' and it is very different, and yet, more perfect for this Season of our Lives. I do Hope you will continue to Share your Journey in your New Home!? Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian