Little House on the Prairie

I knew this moment would happen.

This morning I woke up to 32 degrees and frost. Do you KNOW how long it's been since I've been this cold? Brrrrrrrrr

What's worse is that I have very - and I mean VERY - few winter clothes.  

(When we moved to the tropical island I thought we'd be there forever! Silly me!)

'Oh cool! Time to shop, right?"

Well, yes and no.

Normally, I'd see this as an excuse to shop, but remember-

I'm living in an RV, which means 'no extra space'.

None. What. So. Ever. 

(Yes, I know 'whatsoever' is one word. I did that strictly for dramatic pause. )

But guess what?

Our RV days are numbered.

In a few weeks we will be moving into the most DARLING little farm house EVER.

Behind this little house with brick corner posts and red tin roof

are 41 rolling acres (with a fish-filled pond).

Out our front door and across the gravel country road lies hundreds and hundreds of acres of conservation land - 

I mean, y'all - this literally IS a 'Little House on the Prairie'.

I don't have pictures to show you right now, but here's a brief description:

There is wallpaper EVERYWHERE. 

Every single room.

It's outdated. 

But you know what?

I don't care!! 

We both LOVE the wall paper - it gives it a 'lodgy/cabiny feel - and we're not going to change it.

The house sits east and west, and while the sunrise is mostly covered by hills and trees, there is absolutely nothing in the way of those brilliant sunsets.

At night it is so dark that the stars twinkle like fairy lights.

And it's SOOOOO quiet.

Where we are now is quiet, but sometimes you can hear those big iron horses in the distance. But this place is so rural that the only trucks we will have are feed trucks - and only during the day. 

I'm not sure if we will be 'up and running' by Thanksgiving, but most definitely for Christmas.

The bad thing is I sold almost everything when we moved to Puerto Rico - but the good news is I'll get to start over.

Nothing makes me happier than 'setting up house'.

Counting the RV - this makes our 36th house in 40 years - so I'm pretty good at this by now.

I'd never be so bold as to say this is our last house - 

But hopefully this is a place to let our gypsy souls rest-

at least for a while.

------------------------------------------------------------

'All who wander are not lost'


Comments

Popular Posts