Let's Get Caught Up!

So, what have I been up to for the past 7 or so years, you ask?

 Well, wow...where in the heck do I start?

 As I mentioned in my last post, I up and moved to Texas back in June of 2014.

I've always loved Texas. 

I bought a run-down fixer upper, fixed her up, added beautiful landscaping and built a pool. I thought I couldn't be any happier until I stumbled upon another house and fell in love.

This house was perfect.

She was named Rosebud Cottage due to the over 30 breeds of Roses. 

Somewhere in between that time I parted ways with my publisher (I've authored 2 books) and decided to publish with another house.

This worked out well because the first novel needed re-editing something awful.

Once I re-edited, Lifetime purchased that novel and then I sold the other novel for movie option, as well. 

(Let's save all that for another time!)

Anyway, back to Rosebud Cottage -

Oh my, how I loved that house. I truly thought it was my forever home...


but then....

chalk it up to us being crazy, gypsy, ants-in-our-pants kind of people, we decide after a 5 minute discussion(no, I'm serious - after only FIVE minutes)  to up and move to Puerto Rico.

Why, you ask?

                                    Let's just say we decided to follow my husband's mistress. 

Here is a picture of her.....


Isn't she lovely? 

And while I wake up at 5:45 each morning to this beautiful sunrise out my window:


(this picture does NOT do it justice)

I still very much find myself homesick for my small Missouri town.

I grew up in the small town of El Dorado Springs, Missouri.

It's actually the basis for my novel 
'The Hillbilly Debutante Cafe'
But more about that later - remember I'm still tryin' to get you all caught up on my shenanigans the past few years.

Anyway, while in Texas, for the first time ever I experienced age discrimination,  decided to NOT take that lying down and became an influencer for women over 50 -
(more about that LATER, as well).
Not gonna lie, folks - THAT WAS THE MOST FUN JOB EVER!!!

Whew!
That should do it, but feel free to ask questions. I am sure I've left things out.






Comments

Popular Posts