Where in tarnation did the name 'Hillbilly Debutante' come from?


Well, y'all...for starters, this is a resurrection of a very old blog.

 I originally started 'Hillbilly Debutante: Musings of a Country Girl Stuck in the City' in the spring of 2008 when I lived near Washington, DC.

My husband worked in politics (still does) and I felt like a fish outta water in that den of iniquity some call the Nations Capital.

I used this blog as a way to kind of make fun of myself as I adapted to a very fast-paced, formal, uptight way of life. 

One day, after my last little chick left the nest, and Hubby and I were tucked in for the night, I announced:

"I love you, but I hate this place more. I'm headed to Texas."

The next day I loaded up my cowboy boots, clothes, Merle Haggard Cd's and a black lab named Sally and headed cross country to the small city of Rowlett, Texas.

Those 7 years of Texas were some of my happiest.

Then, one day.....Hubby says "We love Puerto Rico. Why don't we move there?"

And that's how I found myself living on the ocean in Humacao, Puerto Rico.

If you've followed the old blog, and you've followed me on Facebook and Instagram you KNOW there is a LOT more to this story....

but, alas...

THAT's for another time.

 

Comments

JanJJF said…
Keep it coming my hometown friend….
Kathie Truitt said…
Thank you, Jan. You’re such a good friend to me.
Ashley Cumpton said…
Cant wait to see what's coming next.
Kelly said…
Still following you, Kathie. Looking forward to your next adventure! Kelly
Polly Havard said…
Looking forward to more, friend!

Popular Posts