I Dunno...Do you think this too orange?


 Years ago when I was living in Alexandria, Virginia near Washington DC, I traded my Mercedes Benz for my horse/barn fees for one year.
(Long story. You don't wanna hear it.)

Then I purchased a 1991 beat up rusty (she was beautiful) Chevy Suburban for a mere 1500$.
I named her 'Dixie'.

In a land where everyone fancied themselves to be 'rich and famous' and needed to prove it by what they drove.....I felt so FREE in that mess of a vehicle.
(And I almost was free when my husband came home and saw what I'd done...but once again, you really don't wanna hear that story.)

Anyhoo.....now, that I'm back on the farm I wanted another Dixie. 

I'd love to tell you I searched 'high and low' but in this day and age of social media all I had to do was put the word out and within minutes someone sent me a photo of her in a marketplace ad.

It was love at first sight and I knew she'd be mine no matter how she ran!
(I have a great mechanic)

And yes - I'm leaving the orange!


Of course the visits to the gas pump are going to be pretty painful - especially when I'm use to just filling up the golf cart (my transportation in Puerto Rico) for 10$.


We picked her up this morning and drove her straight to Doug - our favorite mechanic. 
She has a few things that need to be worked on.

I'll be headed back to Puerto Rico to pack up our things, so she will be ready for me when I get back.

Her name? 

Dixie Deaux

I'm looking forward to a lot of fun treasure hunts and junking expeditions with her. 

In the meantime, feel free to recommend a place I can shop for cool seat covers! 

til next time...

Kathie (and Dixie)

Comments

Popular Posts