Coming May 3rd....


 It has been a major adjustment returning to our hometown after 42 years. 

Not gonna lie...after all those years in big cities, and the last year living on a tropical island on a beach, to a secluded farm in the middle of nowhere near a town of barely 3300 has been tough.

So, I did a thing. 

I decided to open a store based on my novel 

"The Hillbilly Debutante Cafe"

It's even going to be located in the building in the same town where the story takes place.

I'll have clothing, jewelry, accessories, home decor, furniture, candles, Amish canned goods, coffees, bumper stickers, tea towels, mugs, soaps. 

But the best thing is I will also have a pie bar. 

The bar will seat 6 -8 people, and then I'll have 2 tables. A slice of pie (with ice cream) and then a choice of coffee, iced tea (sweet or unsweet) or soft drink.

'The Hillbilly Debutante Cafe' is my second novel and is currently a finalist in the 'Screencraft' competition.

Angel Christo, one of the directors of my first movie, is the screenwriter. We find out results April 20th.

Either way - being a finalist is a pretty big deal and I feel truly honored!

Anyway, projected store opening date is 

Tuesday, May 3rd.

 I'm almost finished with my 3rd novel 

'Murder in the Mercantile' 

which is part two in the Hillbilly Debutante' series.


Opening a business - especially in a small downtown that was once thriving and is now dead - is no easy feat. 

People think I am crazy and sometimes even I wonder if I am. 

But nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

I've always wondered what it would be like to bring the fictional business I created in my mind for my book to actual fruition.

I've had soooo many people tell me this will never work.

That no one will ever want to come to this town or that this town won't support a business like this.

I even had a friend tell me a few weeks ago that I was wasting my time and money - that not one person would step through the door.

Well, he's wrong - I know at least my mom and dad will come. That's two people, so there!


 


Comments

Anonymous said…
I came by today (Saturday July 9),
and I plan on coming back. Can't wait to see your store. You can do ANYTHING you put your mind too.

Felicia (Fast) De Klein

Popular Posts